The kids spent most of their time around camp playing in the dirt and eating. What else do you need to do while camping, right??? Dirt and food - the two most important aspects, to a child, of camping. The kids played and played. Dinner was yummy and then it was bedtime for the smallest of our group. Tyler had very little problems sleeping that night. Some a-hole put off fireworks around midnight which woke up Tyler and Carter. I pulled Tyler into bed with me and she went back to sleep almost instantly. As soon as she was asleep, the italian opera singing started. No joke people. Some drunk (I am guessing) started singing, NO...belting out italian opera well after midnight. It wasn't the campsite next to us. Nope, this guy had to have been on the other side of the campgrounds yet he sounded like he was right outside our tent. At first I though I was dreaming. Then it stopped for about 10 minutes. When he started back up again, I started laughing. I mean what else was I going to do? I couldn't yell at the guy; I had no idea where he was! I think he might have sung three or four VERY long songs and then he was finished for the night.
We got up the next morning, made a yummy breakfast and then packed up our stuff. Tyler was exhausted but didn't fall asleep on the way home. We made a quick trip to see Jen and Jon since we were camping in their neck of the woods. It's so crazy to think their baby girl, Kaylee, will be here in a matter of days. Anyway, camping was a success! Ty and I are already talking about doing it again soon. We have almost all the stuff needed for camping, Tyler and Motts had a great time and it is a pretty cheap thing to do. If you know of any good spots around here, let me know!

1 comment:
You guys are brave! I hate camping as it is, never mind with my kids in tow! Glad you had fun and it went well though.
Post a Comment