Monday, March 3, 2008

Sick Baby

Our house has been hit by the nasty stomach flu. Tyler got sick Friday morning, with diarrhea and projectile vomiting. It was unreal and almost funny because every time I changed her, myself and our sheets, she did it all over again. I think I changed everything three times before we had a little bit of control over the situation. I was the next one to fall ill, later that night. Thankfully, Ty didn't get sick and was able to take care of Tyler while I tried to take care of myself.

We made a trip to see Dr. Heiferman this morning, just to make sure Tyler wasn't too badly dehydrated. After waiting over an hour, Tyler was given a "on the mend" bill of health. She is still struggling with diarrhea and a lack of appetite. The doctor said that this can last up to two weeks. On a good note, we don't have to worry about Tyler starving through all of this. She weighed in at 18lbs, 9ozs and measured 28ins long.

For the moment, we are all doing well. Tyler is having a bit of trouble sleeping but I am sure that is due to her illness. She is rolling all over the house and sitting all by herself. She is trying to get on all fours and we are bracing ourselves for a crawling baby. She is also passing toys from one hand to another. Tyler loves music and laughs when I sing to her. I am assuming she is laughing because of the songs I am singing and not the way I sing. She loves "Little Bunny Foo-Foo", "Old McDonald" and random Christmas carols. I had a hard time thinking of songs I knew well, so Christmas carols were the winner one afternoon.

1 comment:

AO said...

Glad to hear that you are all starting to feel better! The picture of Tyler in her seat is very cute.