We also had a long discussion, with our doctor, about vaccinations. Ty and I have done some research on vaccinating and the pros/cons of doing so. I believe that the decision is individual to each family and their beliefs. I have friends whose choices run the whole spectrum. From not vaccinating at all, to delaying some vaccines, to breaking up the group shots into individual ones, to fully vaccinating. There is A LOT of info on the Internet and it does require a bit of searching to find accurate and trusted information. We are satisfied that we are doing what is best for our family by having Tyler vaccinated according to the recommendations of our pediatrician and the American Academy of Pediatrics.
Friday, June 20, 2008
Nine Month Check-Up
Tyler had her nine month well baby check yesterday. She is 30 inches tall, which is still off the growth chart. She weighed in at 22.12 pounds, which is in the 95% on the growth chart. Her height to weight ratio is in the 75% for girls her age, so she is right on track. The doctor reminded us again that she will be a tall young lady. Everything else is either right on or ahead of schedule as far as her development. The doctor was little surprised that Tyler has been pulling herself to a standing position and cruising around on furniture this early. She said that normally "bigger" kids tend to be slower in the development of their gross motor skills. When I was relating this to my mom, she made sure to remind me that I didn't walk until 18 months. I was a "bigger" kiddo as well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Glad to hear that Tyler is progressing well. It is interesting I was just talking to someone the other day about vaccinations. Such a hard decision these days!
I can't wait to see more pictures of Miss Tyler.
Post a Comment