Tuesday, January 20, 2009

President Obama

History has been made and I am SO grateful to have witnessed it!  I pray and hope that Obama and his administration can and will lead this country in the right direction.  I hope that the feeling of unity and accomplishment across the nation will continue to be felt throughout the next four years.  I hope that more people will become involved in their communities and give back to their neighbors.  I hope that we will all feel the power of change and realize that "Yes, We Can".

1 comment:

Michal Ann said...

Hi from me, Michal Ann, in the Seattle area! I just took a peek at your blog after seeing "Tyler's Mom" at mycharmingkids. I am also Tyler's mom. He's almost 32!! He goes by Ty (McAllister). You wrote that Ty is your husband's name. My Ty's little girl is Kaiya, his brother is Kyle, sister Caitlin Michal, her kids McKenzie Michal and Mason. (Review: My kids: Ty, Kyle, Caitlin, grandkids: Kaiya, Kenzie, Mason...yup. We must like certain sounds. My name Michal is from the Old Testament (first wife of King David). Michal means "brook" in Hebrew. It's pronounced like "Michael" in English but is not a "boy's name." :) I've met another family with an adult daughter Michal Ann!!



Just wanted to mention some cleaning tips cause you asked for hints after your daughter had an "episode" on the couch. (Is that a sheet or blanket over the couch in the room where she's dancing??) I buy big bags of BAKING SODA at Costco. It's really good at absorbing odors in a nontoxic way so you could try putting a layer of BAKING SODA on the spot and leaving it overnight, perhaps covered by a towel. (Then sweep it up and throw it in your washer with laundry and vacuum the remainder.)

I keep B. SODA in a shaker (like for parmesan cheese) by my sinks cause it's such a good non-abrasive cleaner for gunk and marks. It also helps soak stuff loose in dirty pots and pans. Just put some in with hot water and let it soak it for awhile. I also put a cup in each load of laundry to make the soap more efficient and for its freshening effect.

VINEGAR is apparently as good as bleach for deodorizing and of course, it won't hurt anything. Bleach is VERY useful for sanitizing and not actually toxic for the environment but you wouldn't use it on a coach! I LOVE fresh flowers and only recently realized that a teaspoon of bleach in the water keeps it crystal clear which extends the life of the blooms! It's GREAT!



I don't have a blog but you can reach me at immichal@yahoo.com if you wish. Have a great day with your sweet little girl and I hope she's feeling MUCH better! (Mommy too!)



"Grammichal"