We spent a good portion of the day at the winery. For those of you who don't already know, my father is a winemaker and owns a winery/vineyard. Memorial Weekend is one of two big wine tasting weekends in Oregon...the other being Thanksgiving Weekend. I have a lot of memories tied to the winery and vineyard, so I almost always look forward to spending time down there. Helping my dad is fun and usually entertaining. Add to that the amazing wine we get to take home and it's always a win-win situation.
After swim class this morning, we hustled home to shower and change. We got down to the winery a little bit before noon and of course everyone was running around trying, to finish last minute things. The weather was beautiful and dad had the big "garage" door open. We set up Tyler's baby jail, with a bunch of toys and threw her in there after she ate lunch. She was fantastic!!! Between all the toys, all the people and all the attention...she was a happy camper. Susan, Sam and Abby came down for the day as well. Abby adores Tyler and they both love to interact with each other. Abby then came home with us and hung out for a few hours before Susan and Sam arrived to pick her up.
The big news of the day...Tyler pulled herself up and we actually witnessed the whole process. Let me correct that, Ty witnessed the whole process, while I was taking money in exchange for wine. I have caught her standing in her crib but haven't actually seen her go from sitting to standing.
I do have pictures of Tyler in her baby jail but I am exhausted and headed to bed. I will post them tomorrow. My mom, Ty's parents and his grandparents are headed over here for a visit tomorrow so I will post some pictures of that as well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment