Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Sleep Issues and a Tired Mama

Today was a difficult day.  I hate to admit this but I was really watching the clock, waiting for her bedtime.  Tyler has decided that napping is no longer needed.  She'll sleep for 45-60 minutes in the morning and about 60 minutes in the afternoon.  This is way down from her two hours in the morning and almost three hours in the afternoon.  She's still sleeping well at night, for the most part.  She has been waking up really early and not wanting to go back to sleep.  I am at a loss.  I need to get my book out and "troubleshoot" the problem.  The biggest struggle I have is not that she is sleeping poorly but that she is a total crab by 3:30.  If she was a happy baby, length of naps wouldn't matter as much.  Maybe it's time for one nap a day?  I'm really not ready for that but she might be.

Oh and did I mention Sam and Abby are hanging out with me this week?  We've been having a lot of fun!  They are both a huge help with Tyler but it is hard to entertain an eight year old boy, an almost four year old girl and an eleven month old baby.  Abby wants to watch movies all day and Sam wants to play the Wii all day.  Today we met Kristine and Carter at OMSI.  It was a nice break.  I'm not sure what I am going to do tomorrow.  I can't believe it is only Tuesday...I was hoping it was Friday!

Needless to say, I am tired and it will be an early bedtime for me this evening.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

She might be ready for one nap. You could try putting her down around noon (or right after lunch) and see if that helps.

I was sad when Taylor gave up her 2 naps/day, but it does give us more time to do things and meet up for activities with friends.