Saturday, December 20, 2008

A Wonderful Saturday

This has been a great day.  It has been snowing since early this morning and has really picked up in the last hour.  We knew the snow was coming, but once again, the weather people were a bit off with their "weather models".  We weren't expecting THIS kind of snow until later this afternoon. Tyler's swim class was cancelled this morning, due to the weather, so we hustled out the door to run errands.  Ty hadn't started his Christmas shopping yet.  I had a couple of last minute thinks to pick up.  It was really nice to walk around the mall which was packed with shoppers...great people watching!  The roads really weren't all that bad but having the RAV makes driving in the snow/ice/bad weather much easier. 

After our errands, we decided to head down to the park to play in the snow.  Mottley LOVES the snow.  He runs and runs and runs his little heart out.  It's great for us!  He is passed out by my feet as I type this.  Tyler seems to be enjoying the snow more today than she did last weekend.  She likes to walk around, grabbing handfuls of snow and tasting it.  I tried to get her to make a snow angel...not my best idea.  She wasn't a happy camper...she looked like a turtle on it's back.  A really peeved off turtle!!!  We spent about an hour at the park.  Hopefully, we can head back down there later this afternoon and enjoy the snow before it disappears.

Tyler is sleeping, Ty is watching a movie and I just threw chili in the crock pot.  The snow is still falling and the house is cozy and quiet.  Ty and I have a movie for later this evening while we start wrapping presents.  This has been a wonderful day!!!

No comments: