Thursday, July 10, 2008

Antibiotics - Round Two

Well, Tyler is now on a second antibiotic.  After seeing the doctor again this morning, she decided that our current treatment was having more negative side effects on Tyler than positive ones.  So, we are now taking a "Sulfa" antibiotic which, according to the doctor, should be easier for her to tolerate and should clear up the ear infection.  I think the doctor was a bit discouraged that Tyler still had an ear infection after seven days on the amoxicillin.  We are also using three different cremes/pastes on her bottom in the hopes of clearing up her nasty rash.  I was figuring we've spent over $100 on one ear infection.  Between the office visits, the prescriptions that haven't worked and all the other little things (pedialyte, Aveeno bath, Vaseline, etc) from Target.  Not to mention all the pain our little peanut has endured.  I am praying that this new stuff works and that she is feeling/looking/acting happier in the next few days.

No comments: